We LOVE sweet potatoes and there is so many yummy ways to serve them. Crisps are always a hit at a dinner party so if you're looking to whip up some quick nibbles give this a try.
- 1 large sweet potato (or use a combination of different coloured sweet potatoes)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Handful of fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and thinly slice them using a vegetable peeler.
- Coat the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Lay the slices evenly on two baking trays, making sure to not let them overlap on each other.
- Bake for ~10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave the crisps to cool before serving.
- Extremely rich source of vitamin A which is important for growth, vision, reproduction and immunity.
- Good source of fibre, vitamin C, manganese, copper and B vitamins.
- Contains storage proteins called sporamins which have antioxidant properties.
- Contains glycosides called batatins and batatasides which are thought to have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.