If you haven't come across these yet, you're missing out! With only 2 basic ingredients you can whip up a batch of american-style pancakes in minutes. This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free so it's great if you usually have to avoid milk and flour based pancakes.
We adore these as a post-workout snack as they're really easy to digest and are full of carbohydrates to help replenish your muscle glycogen stores. The potassium in the bananas also helps to replace lost electrolytes — this is especially important after a long or hot workout. On top of this, eggs are an incredibly nutrient-dense food. They contain all essential amino acids, antioxidants, fat-soluble vitamins, and some minerals too. With only 2 ingredients you really are getting a nutrient packed snack. So skip the expensive rehydration drinks or protein supplements and eat pancakes!!
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
You can add nut butter, cacao powder, dark chocolate chips etc.. to the mixture if you want to change it up!
- Mash or blend the banana until you don't have any big lumps.
- Whisk 2 eggs and combine with the banana. The mixture will be pretty runny.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- Coat the pan with a small amount of melted butter or oil.
- Spoon about 2-3 TBSP of the pancake mixture onto the pan - it's best to keep them pretty small. Make sure the pan is hot enough so it starts to sizzle a little bit.
- After ~1 minute, flip the pancakes and cook for a further minute or so.
- Serve immediately with your favourite toppings - like nut butter, maple, yoghurt, coconut flakes, fruit, chia jam or cacao nibs.