These bite-sized chocolates are so delicious and addictive! You can never go wrong combining coconut and chocolate together. Plus the addition of raspberry jam gives it a great fresh flavour.
Now onto the good bit - these treats are packed with lots of nutrients! Woohoo! Dark chocolate is incredibly nutritious, plus we used 90% cocoa solids which massively reduces the sugar content. Dark chocolate is full of magnesium (a mineral we're always banging on about) which is involved in over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body. It helps with muscle contractions, energy production and is important in regulating a regular heart rhythm. The flavanols in chocolate also help boost your alertness so these work great as an afternoon pick me up. ;) Along with chocolate, the raspberries are also rich in a whole load of antioxidants. Normal chemical reactions in the body can result in the production of free radicals which are linked to diseases like cancer and heart disease. Antioxidants scavenge and neutralise these free radicals so that they can’t damage your body. Last but not least, the dessicated coconut adds a little fibre boost to this recipe - something most people don't get enough of. Every little helps!
- 50g raspberries
- 3/4 tsp warm water
- 3/4 TBSP chia seeds
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp maple/honey
- 40g dessicated coconut
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP coconut milk
- 1 TBSP coconut oil (melted)
- 150g dark chocolate (we used 90%)
- 2 tsp coconut oil (melted)
*Makes 12-16 chocolate cups (depending on the size of cases you use)
- Combine all of the ingredients for the jam in a jar or sealed container.
- Shake the jar vigorously to ensure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Break up the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl.
- Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water (bain-marie) and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally. Once melted, add the coconut oil and mix.
- Using a silicone brush, paint the small bun cases with a thin layer of the melted chocolate and leave to set in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- For the coconut mixture, blend all of the ingredients until it starts to stick together.
- Half fill each cup with the coconut mixture.
- Then add the raspberry jam. You want enough jam so that the cup is almost full.
- Spoon the remaining melted chocolate into each case and leave to set in the fridge for 15 minutes.