On the rare occasion we do like to make desserts without chocolate, this raspberry mousse is top of our list. It's so light and creamy and you wouldn't believe just how easy it is to make.
You can enjoy this raspberry mousse while knowing that you'll be getting 2 portions of fruit & veg in! Both the coconut milk and avocado contain tons of vitamin E which will give you glowing skin and hair. As well as being rich in many vitamins and minerals, avocados are loaded with healthy fats that are an essential part to any diet. Just because a food is rich in fat does not mean that it bad for you and should be cut out if you're trying to lose weight, it's all about the types of fat you're eating. Good sources of monounsaturated (good) fats are avocados, nuts, seeds & olive oil and eating these can improve your heart health and fight chronic diseases. This recipe takes no prep other than chilling the coconut milk and is can be whipped up in 2 minutes, nothing better than quick and easy treats!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 x 400g tin of coconut milk — chilled overnight or for at least 6 hours
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 200g raspberries (fresh/frozen)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Handful of pistachios
- Square of dark chocolate (85%)
- When the coconut milk is chilled, scoop out the cream (hard layer on top) and add to the a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick you can add some of the leftover liquid from the coconut milk can.
- Pour the mixture into jars/glasses and chill in the fridge for 30 mins. It can also be eaten straight away, especially if you've used frozen berries
- When serving sprinkle a few chopped pistachios on top before grating on some chocolate.