Did anyone ever buy cookie dough from the supermarket and just eat it straight from the packet? Guilty!! This isn't the healthiest eating habit so we've come up with a healthified version that will leave you feeling full of energy and satisfy those cookie monster cravings!
Nuts are such an incredible food that make up a big part of our diet. They're full of minerals like calcium, iron and magnesium. Plus lots of B vitamins to boost your energy - move over Berocca! The protein and unsaturated fats are also another big bonus. Don't be scared that they're high in calories - eating 1-2 cups of nuts a day on top of you're regular diet doesn't lead to weight gain. This is thought to be because of an amino acid called arginine which seems to boost fat burning! More food + less body fat is a total win win for us!!
- 200g cashew or almond butter
- 40g dark chocolate (we use 85-90%)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil (melted)
- 1 TBSP almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut flour or almond meal
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 TBSP maple/honey
- Pinch of salt
- If you're not using shop bought cashew or almond butter, follow our recipe here to make your own nut butter.
- Combine the nut butter, coconut oil, maple, milk and vanilla bean paste. You can do this by hand or blend in a food processor.
- Add in the coconut flour and salt and mix well.
- Chop the dark chocolate into small chunks and mix into the cookie dough.
- You can serve this any whatever way you'd like - roll into balls or wrap into baking paper and cut into little bites.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.