Who knew that cauliflower could be so versatile and make the perfect pizza base?! And even better yet it only takes 10 minutes of prep.
Cauliflower has a long list of health benefits. It's brilliant for your digestive health as it contains lots of fibre as well as sulfur-containing compounds (glucosinolates) that help protect the lining of you stomach. Glucosinolates have also been linked to improved cardiovascular health and in helping your immune system fight off diseases. You might think that brightly coloured fruit and veg are the only ones that have a ton of vitamin C but 1 cup of cauliflower provides over 70% of your daily needs! To top it all off, cauliflower is rich in many other antioxidants like quercetin, beta-cryptoxanthin, beta-carotene and cinnamic acid which help to reduce oxidative stress in the body, therefore protecting your cells.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 75g soft goats cheese
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Make cauliflower rice by either pulsing it in a food processor or grating it.
- Put the rice in a muslin cloth (or a new j-cloth/thin towel) and wring out as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add 2 whisked eggs and the goats cheese. Mix well.
- Add the salt & pepper and mix again.
- Press the mixture onto your lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Now your crust is ready for you to add your favourite toppings!