This is just a slight variation of our 2-ingredient banana pancakes. We've added some almond butter and dark chocolate chips which are 2 of our favourite things! The result is some seriously delicious american-style pancakes.
This is one of our go-to post workout meals. It's really important to eat within 30 minutes after your workout - these can be made in minutes so they're perfect. The bananas are a great source of carbohydrates, which helps to replenish your glycogen stores. Plus the potassium in bananas will help to rehydrate you. So there's no need for yucky electrolyte drinks! Eggs are always a great choice after a workout. They offer high quality protein and contain all essential amino acids, meaning they're a complete protein source. The yolk of the egg is also really rich in vitamins and minerals. For example, they have a lot vitamin B12 and vitamin A. Combine this with the benefits of dark chocolate, like lots of magnesium to help destress, you should be feeling pretty good about tucking into a couple of these!
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 40g dark chocolate chips (or chop a bar into small chunks)
- Mash or blend the banana until you don’t have any big lumps.
- Whisk 2 eggs and combine with the banana, along with the almond butter (the mixture will be pretty runny).
- Then add the chocolate chips.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- Coat the pan with a small amount of melted butter or coconut oil.
- Spoon about 2-3 TBSP of the pancake mixture onto the pan – it’s best to keep them pretty small. Make sure the pan is hot enough so it starts to sizzle a little bit.
- After ~1 minute, flip the pancakes and cook for a further minute or so.
- Serve with your favourite toppings – we used maple, blueberries, banana and raspberry yoghurt (just blend raspberries with greek yoghurt and chia seeds).