ABC spread is a combo of almonds, brazil nuts and cashew nuts all blended up until you have a nut butter. This is so yummy just left as is - top your porridge, granola, smoothies or toast with it. Or take it one step further and make some on the go energy balls. You can make so many variations but maple and coconut is definitely a winner!
Nuts are an amazing addition to your diet. They are so versatile that we use them everyday for sweet and savoury dishes. They’re rich in B vitamins, antioxidants and omega-3. The antioxidants and omega-3 content may explain why nut consumption is linked to improved cardiovascular health. B-vitamins are needed to help our bodies convert food into fuel which is why nuts are the perfect snack to put some pep in your step and get your through the day.
- 120g almonds
- 120g cashew nuts
- 75g brazil nuts
- 1.5-2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 2 TBSP desiccated coconut
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roast the nuts for ~10 minutes - making sure to mix them around once or twice.
- Leave the nuts to cool down a little and then add them to a food processor.
- Keep blending the nuts until you have formed a butter. This can take up to 10 minutes depending on your food processor and you'll need to stop it a few times scrap down the sides.
- Add the maple syrup and coconut flour and blend.
- Finally add the coconut, sesame seeds and chia to the food processor. Pulse it a few times to mix together.
- Roll the mixture into balls and store in an airtight container in the fridge.