Ferrero Rocher are a delicious treat and even better when they're full of healthy nutritious ingredients! These are great with a cup of coffee or as a surprise at the end of a dinner party.
- 1 jar of Notella (recipe here)
- ~ 12 whole hazelnuts (skins removed)
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 75g dark chocolate (we used 85%)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roast the chopped and whole hazelnuts for ~5 minutes.
- If you have just made the Notella put it in the fridge/freezer for a few minutes to cool down.
- Using your hands, surround each hazelnut with some Notella. You may want to wet your hands as it makes it less sticky and it's easier to form a ball.
- Roll the balls in the chopped hazelnuts.
- Place the balls in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate using a bain-marie.
- Cover the balls in dark chocolate and place on parchment paper.
- Leave the chocolates to set in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Rich source of minerals – contains high levels of manganese, copper, magnesium, iron, potassium and zinc.
- Very rich in Vitamin E, a fat soluble compound with distinctive antioxidant properties. Vitamin E protects cells from the damaging effects of reactive oxygen species (ROS). The body produces ROS when fat is converted to energy but vitamin E can stop their production. Vitamin E also plays a role in increasing blood vessel dilation.
- Contains a variety of flavonoids which may support brain health and improve circulation. Also thought to reduce symptoms associated with allergies.
- Rich in an unsaturated fat called oleic acid. Oleic acid may lower ”bad” LDL cholesterol and raise ”good” HDL cholesterol.
- Good source of dietary fibre. Fibre is important for digestive health and may also help prevent heart disease, diabetes, weight gain and some cancer.
- The higher the cocoa solids the better the benefits. We always use 85% cocoa solids and make sure to compare brands to buy the one with the lowest sugar content.
- Rich source of minerals including iron, copper, magnesium and manganese.
- Rich in a variety of antioxidants which fight oxidative stress and may help improve your immune function.
- Also a good source of caffeine and theobromine which helps to fight fatigue and drowsiness.