If you're vegetarian there's no need to feel left out at a BBQ! The combo of halloumi and pineapple is beyond delicious! These are also a brilliant way to get in more veggies.
Pineapple adds more than just a tropical flavour to this dish! It' extremely rich in vitamin C which supports your immune system & B vitamins and manganese for energy. On top of these it also contains a compound called bromelain which is a natural anti-inflammatory for your digestive system. Red peppers are also a fantastic source of vitamin C, with one cup providing over 150% of your recommended intake! The halloumi adds some protein to this dish, an important building block for our bodies and it also helps to fill you up. Time to organise your next BBQ!
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 medium red onions
- 1 pineapple
- 1 block of halloumi (250g)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to season
*Makes 4 large kebabs
*We used metal skewers, if using wooden skewers soak them in water for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Chop the halloumi and pineapple into chunks.
- Chop the onions into quarters.
- Chop the peppers into a similar size as the onions.
- Lightly brush the peppers and onions with a little olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Thread the skewers with the ingredients making sure to alternate each item.
- Place the skewers on the grill and turn them when each side starts to turn a light brown. When they are slightly coloured on each side it's time to enjoy them!