It always amazes us just how easy it is to make homemade chocolate. The hardest part is waiting for it to set! This melt-in-your-mouth chocolate bark has a combination of white and dark chocolate and the colours of the pistachios and light pink rose petals look amazing together. A bite of this is the perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth after dinner!
Cacao butter is the fat found in the cocoa bean. It looks and tastes really like white chocolate, without the sugar! It's rich in the monounsaturated fat oleic acid which may lower ”bad” LDL cholesterol and raise ”good” HDL cholesterol. It also contains a lot of polyphenols which reduces oxidative stress and boosts your immune system. So this is definitely a better alternative to your usual shop-bought overly processed chocolate!
- 150g cacao butter
- 2 TBSP cashew butter
- 3 TBSP maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 25g dark chocolate (we used 85%)
- 25g pistachios - roughly chopped (we used salted)
- rose tea petals - roughly 5 buds with the petals torn off
- pinch of sea salt flakes - we used pink himalayan
- Melt the cacao butter in a pot on a low heat.
- Once melted, whisk in the maple syrup, cashew butter and vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate into a baking dish that's lined with parchment paper.
- Then melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water (bain-marie).
- Scatter the pistachios and most of the rose petals over the white chocolate.
- Then with a fork, swirl the dark chocolate throughout the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle with the salt flakes and a couple more rose petals for decoration.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Once set, roughly break the chocolate up into pieces.