We're always looking for a quick treat that we can pull together with just a few ingredients - this recipe does just that. You only need 5 ingredients and in 30 minutes you'll have a fresh batch of brownies ready to devour!
Yes these are a treat, but they're seriously packed full of so much goodness! Bananas make up the base of these brownies so you're getting lots of potassium and vitamin B6. Potassium helps to keep you body's fluid in check and combined with the carbs in bananas these are an athletes best friend! Vitamin B6 is important in supporting your digestive, muscular and nervous system. Not too bad for a cheap fruit that's available everywhere. Combine this with the benefits of cacao powder and dark chocolate, like lots of magnesium to help you destress, and a vast array of antioxidants to fight off free radicals, you're going to feel great after one of these. Unlike a lot of conventional brownie recipes that can leave you with a sugar rush! You're also getting some heart healthy unsaturated fats and protein from the nut butter in this recipe. This is what we'll be tucking into after our next run!
- 2 large bananas
- 175g hazelnut butter ( or almond/peanut butter)
- 75g dark chocolate (we use 85%)
- 35g cacao powder
- Handful crushed hazelnuts (plus a few to crush on top)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a brownie tin with parchment paper.
- Using a hand blender, blend the bananas until smooth (alternatively use a fork).
- Melt the dark chocolate and nut butter using a bain-marie.
- Add the bananas and cacao powder to the melted chocolate mixture and combine well.
- Stir in the crushed hazelnuts and spoon into the brownie tin.
- Bake for ~20 minutes and then top with some crushed hazelnuts.
- Sprinkle with some crushed roasted hazelnuts and cacao powder.
- Allow to cool fully before cutting.