You only need 1 ingredient to make this sunflower seed butter but we've sweetened it up a little with some coconut sugar and cinnamon - such a great pancake or porridge topper! Or add in some other ingredients like chia seeds, pumpkin seeds or nuts at the end for a great crunch!
Sunflower seeds are an amazing source of vitamin E. This is a vital antioxidant in the body that fights free radicals and subsequently reduces your risk of developing things like arthritis and diabetes. They also contain lots of unsaturated fats which helps improve cholesterol levels and protect you heart.
- 400g sunflower seeds
- 2-3 TBSP coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Roast the seeds @ 180°C for ~20 minutes - until golden brown and fragrant. Let them cool for a few minutes before blending.
- Add to your food processor and blend until smooth and creamy - you'll need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl every now and again.
- If using, add the coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt and blend for another minute.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge.