Move over almond and peanut butter, macadamia butter might just take the top spot! You can create the creamiest macadamia butter in minutes and take it to the next level with some fresh vanilla seeds and maple syrup. Your porridge, smoothies and toast are about to get a whole lot tastier!
Although macadamia nuts are one of the fattiest nuts around, don't avoid them! Over 80% of the fat in these yummy nuts is monounsaturated fats. This type of fat is really protective against cardiovascular disease. And like most nuts, they're packed with minerals like calcium, magnesium and iron and a whole range of B-vitamins. So while you probably shouldn't eat this whole jar of macadamia butter in one go, a heaped spoon or two will do wonders for you! ;)
- 300g macadamia nuts (or a mix of cashew and macadamia nuts)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and roast the macadamia nuts for ~5 minutes - until a light golden colour.
- Blend the macadamia nuts in a food processor (using an 'S' blade) until smooth - ~4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the food processor every now and again if the butter builds up.
- Once smooth, add the seeds from the vanilla bean and the maple syrup.
- Blend for another 2-3 minutes.
- Store in a sealed jar or container.