These cookies are the perfect bite-sized treat when you need a chocolate fix quickly! Almond butter is the main ingredient in these cookies so you know they're going to be a goodie!
Almonds are rich in minerals like magnesium, calcium, iron, copper, zinc and manganese. They’re also full of B vitamins which are essential for converting our food into fuel and giving us energy. Plus like all nuts they’re full of heart healthy unsaturated fats. So even though they’re high in calories, eating nuts frequently is linked to lower rates of heart disease and weight loss. The dark chocolate chips and cacao powder are bursting with minerals and antioxidants. Oxidative stress can damage our cells and cause disease but antioxidants help to fight and reverse these changes. So satisfy your inner cookie monster and nourish your body at the same time!
- 225g almond butter
- 1 large egg (whisked)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 TBSP coconut sugar (or just use honey and add an extra TBSP)
- 2 TBSP honey/maple
- 3 TBSP cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- 40g dark chocolate chips (or chop a bar into chunks)
*Makes 8-10 cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the almond butter, egg, honey/maple, coconut sugar, coconut oil and vanilla bean paste to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Then add the cacao powder and mix well.
- Next add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spoon the cookie mixture onto the baking tray and flatten with your hand.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely on the baking tray - these will crumble if you handle them while still hot.