This Christmas inspired cocktail is full of festive spices that will make you feel all warm and cosy. You will seriously impress guests with this drink or just enjoy it yourself in front of a roaring fire.
If you haven’t already tried kombucha as a mixer for your cocktails or mocktails then you’re missing out. Kombucha is a low-sugar, fermented drink that adds great flavour but most importantly lots of good bacteria! These bacteria can improve your immunity and gut health — something your body will thank you for if you’ve been really getting into the Christmas spirit! Ginger is also fantastic for digestive health and warms you up from the inside during these chilly months.
- Juice of 4 large oranges
- 100g fresh cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2cm sliced ginger
- 2 TBSP honey
- ~600ml kombucha
- ~600ml non-alcoholic ginger beer
*Makes 4-6 cocktails
- Add the orange juice, 50g cranberries, cinnamon stick, ginger and honey to a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil before leaving to simmer on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and leave to cool in the fridge.
- Add 2-3 TBSP of the spiced syrup to a glass with ice.
- Add 1 standard shot of gin (~30ml) before topping with equal measures of ginger beer & kombucha.
- Garnish with a few cranberries, a slice of orange and a slice of fresh ginger.
*For a mocktail version just leave out the gin.