This fibre-packed vegan recipe is the perfect healthy snack to nibble on or throw on top of your favourite salad. Chickpeas crisp up so well and will last for a few days in a sealed bag. So avoid the hanger and get snacking!
Chickpeas are so nutritious that they're considered 1 of your 7-a-day! They're an excellent source of protein making them a great choice for vegetarians and vegans. Plus they contain a large amount of fibre — something most people don't get enough of. This fibre is metabolised to short chain fatty acids which is great for your colon health. It can also lower your blood cholesterol and help control blood sugar levels. This recipe just shows how easy and cheap healthy eating can be!
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse well with cold water.
- Pat the chickpeas dry with a paper towel or tea towel.
- Place on a baking tray and coat evenly with the olive oil.
- Toss the chickpeas with the spices.
- Bake the chickpeas until golden brown — ~30-35 minutes. Also make sure to shuffle the chickpeas every 10 minutes.