If you have a weakness for sweet brekkies then this recipe is for you! A combination of eggs, bananas and a little protein powder makes some incredibly delicious and satisfying pancakes. We actually love to make these for long haul flights since plane food usually isn't that appetising!
These simple ingredients create such a nutritious snack or brekkie. The eggs and protein powder are full of high quality protein that will keep you going for hours. Protein is linked with increased satiety so it can keep you energised and reduce your cravings for sugary snacks. The bananas are a great source of carbohydrates and add some natural sweetness to this recipe. Carbs have gotten a bad name but are such a critical part of your diet. Just choose healthier carbs, like bananas, and try to avoid refined carbs, like white bread and pasta. Bananas are also rich in potassium — an electrolyte that keeps you hydrated and might help lower high blood pressure. Top with some berries for an added punch of antioxidants.
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 1 banana
- 20g protein powder (we used Prozis vanilla whey protein)
We topped with nut butter, toasted coconut flakes, berries and maple roasted bananas.
- Mash the banana and combine with the whisked egg.
- Stir in the protein powder.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- Coat the pan with a small amount of melted butter or oil.
- Spoon about 2 TBSP of the pancake mixture onto the pan - it's best to keep them pretty small. Make sure the pan is hot enough so it starts to sizzle a little bit.
- After ~1 minute, flip the pancakes and cook for a further minute or so.