Using our favourite raw and organic chocolate we knew these wouldn't last long. Mint is a dream addition to these chocolatey peanut butter balls so be prepared to fight over the last one!
The simple addition of peppermint oil adds a whole range of benefits. We love mint because of its powerful abilities to help digestion — like treating IBS and nausea. It's also thought to improve mental clarity, while at the same time lowering your anxiety levels. Combined with healthy fats, protein and antioxidants this is our new go-to afternoon snack!
- 250g crunchy peanut butter (always use 100% peanut butter)
- 3-4 TBSP maple syrup (sweeten as little or much as you'd like)
- 2.5 TBSP cacao powder
- 2 TBSP ground almonds (less or more depending on how runny your peanut butter is)
- 1 TBSP cacao nibs
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 45g mint chocolate (we used Pana ❤️)
- Mix the peanut butter with the maple syrup.
- Next mix in the cacao powder, followed by the ground almonds (add one tablespoon at a time until the mixture holds together well).
- Then add in the cacao nibs.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place in the fridge or freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a saucepan over a very low heat, mixing often.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate and evenly coat them (we used a spoon and fork to lift it in and out of the chocolate).
- Place the balls on a baking tray with greaseproof paper to stop the chocolate sticking.
- Then put them in the fridge or freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container.