We've taken brownies to another level with this sundae recipe. Chocolate and mint has always been a winning combo for us but lately it's turning into an obsession. So we knew there was only one way to enjoy these brownies!
We always opt for high cocoa solids/low sugar chocolate bars so we know we can reap the benefits of dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is an excellent source of magnesium. This is essential to help your muscles recover after a workout and it helps you de-stress so you can enjoy a little extra downtime. Plus it's brimming with antioxidants which help you fight off chronic diseases. We're also big fans of mint because it's a really great natural way to soothe digestive issues. Now it's time to dig in!
- 200g dark chocolate (85%)
- 50ml coconut oil
- 75-100g coconut sugar (as little or much as you'd like)
- 3 eggs
- 150g almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Oppo Mint Choc Swirl ice cream
- Sprig of fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a brownie tin (8") with greaseproof paper.
- Place the chocolate and the coconut oil in a large mixing bowl and put it over a pot of simmering water (bain-marie).
- Once these have melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the coconut sugar.
- Beat the 3 eggs and gradually add them into the chocolate mixture.
- Next add the almond meal and baking powder.
- Add the mixture to the brownie tin and place in the centre of the oven 25 - 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Scoop the ice cream into a bowl, top with small brownie chunks and fresh mint.